From the Osher Clinic:
- Eat Well at Home: Immune Health– Lindsay Keach Bronstein, MS, RD, LDN, HC
- FAQ on COVID-19 for Older Patients– Julia Lowenthal, MD and the Division of Aging, Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- Fresh vs. Frozen Produce: Which is healthier?– Lindsay Keach Bronstein, MS, RD, LDN, HC
- Mindful Stress Management Strategies for Coping with COVID Stress – Christina Luberto, PhD
- Reduce Remote Work Stress by Improving Your Posture- Matthew H Kowlaski, DC
- Self-help for Medical Professionals: Movement for relieving tension– Tom Jacobson, LMT
- The Daily Grind: Self-care for craniofacial pain- Matthew H Kowlaski, DC
- A message to our patients – Meredith Beaton Starr, MS, OTR/L
Massachusetts Medical Society:
Mindfulness and Compassion in the time of COVID-19: Tools to stay steady and calm.
These meditations and short talks provide information about mindfulness and practices to reduce stress during COVID.
CME credits are available.
Lown Cardiovascular Group Webinars:
August 5th: Intermittent Fasting Part II with Beth Reardon, RD
August 19th: Time Restricted Feeding Nutritional Update with Dr. Shalu Ramchandani
August 26th: Exercise for the Couch Potato with Lynne McVie
September 9th: Tai Chi and Healthy Aging with Dr. Peter Wayne
September 16th: Gut Health and Motility with Dr. Supriya Rao
September 23rd: Herbs for the Heart and Metabolic Health with Dr. Sarah Byrne
September 30th: Building Personal Resilience with Faun Zarge
From the IM Consortium:
Meditation and Mindfulness
- University of Cincinnati – UC provides a variety of MP3 meditations by Dr. Sian Cotton.
- University Hospital Guided Meditations – UH provides a series of guided meditations
- University of Minnesota –
- Headspace – Clinical healthcare professionals are currently receiving complimentary premium memberships.
- Meditation Oasis – The Meditation Oasis® Podcast features guided meditations, instructions for meditation, and music for meditation. You can listen to it at iTunes or Google Play or by clicking on the play buttons below. Episodes are listed from the oldest to the most recent. Tap on the green button to view recent podcasts.
- Mindfulness Coach – This app leads the user through steps to learn how to practice mindfulness. Mindfulness means grounding yourself in the present moment. It has been shown to be helpful for reducing stress and helping people cope with unpleasant thoughts and emotions.
- Eight Active Ingredients of Tai Chi: Tai Chi Calisthenics
- Eight Active Ingredients of Tai Chi: Tai Chi Core Movements
- Mindful Yoga Therapy– Yoga Nidra Resource. Free download includes a series of short breathing practices that are part of the Mindful Yoga Therapy Program and a Deep Relaxation.
- Warriors at Ease– Explore meditation, breathing techniques, iRest Yoga Nidra and more yoga. This resource offers a guided iRest Yoga Nidra session, experiential breathing techniques, and yoga demonstrations.