Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) is a life affirming, challenging practice in which you engage your own innate capacities to care for your body and mind. With commitment to yourself and your guide, you can find access to greater well-being and peace of mind.
This course is led by Meghan Searl, Ph.D. at the Osher Clinical Center. It is based on the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) program developed at the Center for Mindfulness at UMass Medical Center in Worcester, Massachusetts.
You Will Learn:
- Practical coping skills to improve your ability to handle stressful situations;
- Methods for being physically and mentally relaxed and at ease;
- Gentle, full-body conditioning exercises to strengthen your body and release muscular tension;
- How to become increasingly aware of the interplay of mind and body in health and illness;
- How to take responsibility for improving your own health;
- How to face difficult times in your life with greater ease;
- How to develop your abilities to help yourself movetowards greater balance, control, and peace of mind.
You Will Receive:
- Guided instruction in mindfulness meditation and mindful Yoga practices;
- Individually tailored instruction;
- A range of exercises to enhance awareness in everyday life;
- Exercises and methods to enhance interpersonal communication skills;
- Daily homework assignments;
- Course materials: Audio-guided mindfulness practices (MP3s) and a workbook.
Orientation (Required for enrollment)
Thursday, January 18th
3:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Attendance at the free orientation class is required for course participation.
February 1st – March 22nd
Thursdays from 3:00 pm to 5:30 pm (March 22nd until 6:00)
Sunday, March 4th
9:00 am – 3:00 pm
Osher Clinical Center
850 Boylston St. Suite 422
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
The cost of the course is $600, payable by credit or debit card. This payment can be made after attending the orientation and will hold your spot in the course. This course is not covered by insurance.
For more information or to be put on our mailing list for upcoming courses, please email us at [email protected]