The Osher Center’s Virtual Integrative Medicine (IM) Network Forum aims to convene the IM community—both within and beyond Harvard Medical School (HMS) and its teaching affiliates—to build our network, strengthen our connections, and provide an environment for seeding new ideas and opportunities.
The 2020 Integrative Medicine Network Forum will be centered around ‘Learning Horizontally and Vertically: Building Networks Within and Between Healthcare Providers.’
Within this context we will explore the following themes:
Resiliency – for the healthcare provider of the future;
Inter-professional education – learning horizontally and vertically;
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion – learning through our differences.
- Virtual Symposium
- Three Distinguished Keynote Speakers
- Panel Discussions with Audience Q&A
- Facilitated Workshops
- Poster Session
- CME/CMU Credits Available
Call for Abstracts
The Osher Center for Integrative Medicine at Harvard Medical School and Brigham and Women’s Hospital invites the submission of abstracts related to Integrative Medicine (IM) in the following three categories:
- Basic/translational research
- Clinical research
- Education research or initiatives
Up to 100 abstracts will be selected to be presented as a poster in an online virtual platform. Presenters will also be invited to record a two minute “elevator pitch” video synopsis of their work. While video clips are optional, they are required to be considered for an Osher Network Forum Abstract Award. Six abstract awards will be given, including First ($250) and Second place ($100) within each of the 3 categories.
Download Application and send to [email protected]
- Submission Deadline: 11:59pm, Friday, September 18th
- Accepted Abstracts Announced: Friday, October 2nd
Attendees will walk away with the ability to:
- Recognize the epidemic of healthcare provider burnout, and how individual- and systems-based approaches are needed to promote well-being and resilience
- Formulate the value and importance of interprofessional education in traditional healthcare fields (e.g. physicians, nurses) and integrative medicine fields (e.g. chiropractic care, acupuncture)
- Appraise cultures of diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace environment, and its contribution to better patient care
Partners HealthCare System is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Partners HealthCare System designates this live activity for a maximum of X AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Course Directors: Darshan Mehta, MD, MPH and Peter Wayne, PhD
8:30 AM Introductions
8:45 Opening Keynote and Panel Discussion
10 AM Break
10:20 AM Morning Keynote and Panel Discussion
12 PM Interest Topic Groups
1:00 PM Breakout Sessions
2:30 PM Afternoon Keynote and Panel Discussion
3:15 PM Closing Remarks
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
For general inquires: [email protected]
Amelia Knowlton, Program Coordinator: [email protected]; 617.732.9456
Judith Cantlin, Program Manager: [email protected]; 617.525.8737