- Call for Clinical Abstracts for Poster Presentation
- Half-Day symposium: Friday, Nov. 16, 2018 | 8:00am – 2:00pm
- Joseph B. Martin Conference Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
The Osher Center for Integrative Medicine at Harvard Medical School and Brigham and Women’s Hospital invites the submission of abstracts characterizing Boston-area academic affiliated clinical programs and services related to Integrative Medicine (IM). Accepted abstracts will be presented at the IM Network Forum at Harvard Medical School on November 16, 2018.
The IM Network Forum will convene Boston area researchers, educators and clinicians with interests in Integrative Medicine to meet, share ideas and explore future collaborations. The clinical posters are aimed at providing information on Integrative Medicine services within academic institutions in the Boston area, and to facilitate dialogue with other clinicians, researchers and educators. Poster presenters will be provided a 4’ x 4’ posterboard which can be used to either display a traditional 4’ x 4’ poster, or to pin printed materials such as brochures.
Up to 20 clinical abstracts will be chosen for poster presentation. Abstract submission deadline is Sunday, September 30, 2018 at 11:59 pm. Accepted abstracts will be announced on Monday, October 15, 2018.
|Abstract Submission Timetable:|
|Thursday, May, 2018||Abstract Submission Opens|
|Sunday, September 30||Abstract Submission Closes|
|Monday, October 15||Abstract Authors Notified|
|Friday, November 2||Deadline for Presenters to Register|
|Friday, November 16||IM Network Forum|
Forum Theme: Genetics, Epigenetics & Lifestyle: Another Twist.
The call for clinical abstracts is open from Thursday, May 10, 2018. Abstracts must be submitted using the application form provided. Please download the application form here and send completed application form to Aterah Nusrat at [email protected]
Deadline for Submission
Abstracts must be submitted by 11:59pm on Sunday, September 30, 2018.
If your clinical abstract submission is accepted for presentation, you will be required to prepare a poster.
Poster presentations will be displayed in highly visible sections of the conference area for the duration of the Forum. Individual poster sizes must be designed to a 4’x4’ specification.
Presenting Author Information
Personal details of the individual presenting the poster must be included in the application form. All authors accepted to present must register for the Forum. Authors of accepted abstracts will be acknowledged in the IM Forum program with the title of their abstract and accompanying contact details (name; position, institution; and email address.)
Additional Author Information
Details for additional authors must be entered on the submission. The order that appears on the application form will be the order in which the authors appear in the Forum program. Please enter the correct order in your abstract submission.
Title of Abstract
The title must be the name of the clinic or clinical program. (First word initial Capital, capitals only for ACRONYMS and first letter of a Proper Noun). Please do not use all capitals in the title.
Content of Abstracts
The content of abstracts should be limited to 350 words. All abstracts should include the following:
- Service(s) provided at the clinic/program.
- Main area(s) of expertise.
- Name(s) of key provider(s)/ program director(s)
Additional content may include the following:
- Mention of research projects underway at the clinic/center.
- Publications related to innovative clinical practices or outcomes.
- Networking or collaboration opportunities.
Abstracts will be reviewed by a panel of judges chosen by the Osher Center for Integrative Medicine.
Abstract Submission Conditions
- The abstract author must be affiliated with an academic institution based in Boston, MA.
- The invitation to submit an abstract does not constitute an offer to pay travel or accommodation costs.
- No speaker fees are paid to successful participants for oral presentations.
- All authors must register for the Forum upon being accepted to present a poster.