Acupuncture Research, Health Care Policy & Community Health
June 27-29, 2019 I Burlington, VT, USA
CLOSING THE LOOP
In order for acupuncture research to reach its full potential, research findings need not only to inform “best” clinical practice, but also inform decisions made by policy makers and third-party payers regarding insurance reimbursement.
The Society for Acupuncture Research (SAR) 2019 annual conference has been designed to usher in a new era in which acupuncture research is organized, coherent and readily accessible to all relevant stakeholders groups, in order to inform evidence-based decision-making.
The goal is to support a paradigm in which integration and cross-pollination can flourish-both within the acupuncture community and between acupuncture and other healthcare disciplines.
SAR’s 2019 Research Conference will:
- Provide an international forum for researchers to clarify, strengthen and disseminate the evidence base and shape the future acupuncture research agenda;
- Convene multiple stakeholders to explore knowledge and knowledge gaps in acupuncture research;
- Invite participants to share successes and shortcomings in the dissemination and implementation of acupuncture research;
- Close the information “loop” between acupuncture researchers, clinicians, policy makers and third-party payers;
- Facilitate effective ways for diverse stakeholders to work together on shared issues.
- Helene Langevin, MD, Director for Complementary and Integrative Health
- Claudia Witt, Director for Complementary & Integrative Medicine, University Hospital, Zurich
- Hugh MacPherson, Professor of Acupuncture Research, Dept. Health Sciences, University of York
- Vitaly Napadow, Director, Center for Integrative Pain Neuroimaging
- Patricia Herman, ND, PhD, Senior Behavioral Scientist, RAND Corporation, Pardee RAND Graduate School
- Joshua Plavin, MD, MPH, Vice President & Chief Medical Officer, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont
- Lynn DeBar, PhD, MPH, Senior Scientist, Kaiser Permanente Washington Health Research Institute
- Paula Gardiner, MD, MPH, Associate Director of Research, Dept. of Family Medicine and Community Health, UMass Memorial Medical Center
Osher Center for Integrative Medicine at Harvard Medical School and Brigham and Women’s Hospital
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont
American Society of Acupuncturists
American Academy of Medical Acupuncture
Veterans Health Administration – Office of Patient Centered Care and Cultural Transformation
Boston Medical Center
Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center
New England School of Acupuncture at Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
Tufts University School of Medicine
UMass Memorial Medical Center
The University of Vermont
The Society for Acupuncture Research
E-mail: [email protected]