Acupuncture Research, Health Care Policy & Community Health
June 27-29, 2019 I Burlington, VT, USA
CLOSING THE LOOP
In order for acupuncture research to reach its full potential, research findings need not only to inform “best” clinical practice, but also inform decisions made by policy makers and third-party payers regarding insurance reimbursement.
SAR’s 2019 International Research Conference will:
- Continue to provide an international forum for researchers to clarify, strengthen and disseminate the evidence base and shape the future acupuncture research agenda.
- Close the information “loop” between acupuncture researchers, clinicians, policy makers and third-party payers.
- Paula Gardiner, MD, MPH, Associate Director of Research, Dept. of Family Medicine and Community Health, UMass Memorial Medical Center
- Patricia Herman, ND, PhD, Senior Behavioral Scientist, RAND Corporation, Pardee RAND Graduate School
- Lynn DeBar, PhD, MPH, Senior Scientist, Kaiser Permanente Washington Health Research Institute
- Joshua Plavin, MD, MPH, Vice President & Chief Medical Officer, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont
The Society for Acupuncture Research
E-mail: [email protected]
The University of Vermont
The Osher Center for Integrative Medicine at Harvard Medical School and Brigham and Women’s Hospital
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont
American Society of Acupuncturists
American Academy of Medical Acupuncture
Boston Medical Center
Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center
New England School of Acupuncture at Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
Tufts University School of Medicine
UMass Memorial Medical Center